Wednesday, October 9, 2013

From Plain Mayonaise to Jazzed Mayo, I Give You: Seasoned Mayo Sandwich Spread



I'm not a big Mayo person.  I'll have a little on one side of my sandwich.  I'm more of a dijon mustard kind of person.  HOWEVER, I was intrigued when I started seeing specialty mayonaise on the shelves.  I've been seasoning my mayo for over a year now, and I don't think I'll ever stop.  There are so many options for seasonings, as well as options for where to spread it!

This works with any type of mayonaise, whether it's regular or a non-dairy variety.  I personally love Veganaise.  Not too sure how it would turn out for Miracle Whip, but hey!  If you're curious, give it a try, or use a different variety of seasonings.  Maybe more of a ranch flavor?

And just in case you're wondering, the spices don't make this spread too spicy hot.  It's just a spread, so you absolutely notice the flavor and a tiny kick, but it's not going to have you sweating or rosy-cheeked.

My favorite sandwich on which I enjoy this spread would be cucumber, bell pepper, black beans and lettuce, but my husband likes it with rotisserie chicken, cheddar, and lettuce.  So!  It's really your choice.  Bake or buy some yummy bread, grab some sandwich stuffers, and go for it!



Ingredients:

1/4 Cup Mayonaise
3/4 tsp Chili Powder
Heaping 1/4 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Granulated Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Granulated Onion Powder

In a small bowl, measure out the mayonaise.  Add the spices, then stir until thoroughly mixed together.  Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.

Note:  Keep in a tupperware container for easy storage and later use.

No comments:

Post a Comment