Monday, August 26, 2013

Home Canned Cupboard and Personal Peach Crisp Recipe

Well, I suppose I have to admit that there are other things in this cupboard, but this side is completely MY canned food. It goes back 5 jars, and all double stacked. Ahhh...what a beautiful sight!




From left to right, top: blackberry jam from gleaned berries we picked on public property, more blackberry jam, Squash Dill Relish, Squash Dill Relish.

From left to right, bottom: pineapple from $1 pineapples, Squash Dill Relish, Peach Pie Filling, Squash Dill Relish.


I had about 1/2 Cup of the Preach Pie Filling that wouldn't fit into a jar, so I made a tiny personal Peach Crisp with it in a ramekin. It was beautiful and delicious!!  Next year I will definitely go and pick a box of peaches just to make more of this recipe.

What's filling up YOUR home-canned cupboard these days?

*****

Personal Peach Crisp Recipe

1 1/2 TBS Flour
1/2  Old Fashioned Oats
2 TBS Brown Sugar
1 TBS Butter
Pinch salt
Pinch Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400o.

In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients.  Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut in butter until the mixture forms large crumbs and butter is incorporated throughout.

Pour peach pie filling into oven-safe ramekin.  Pour the topping mixture on top, perhaps needing to pack it down slightly.

Place ramekin on a small baking sheet in case of spilling.  Bake about 20-25 minutes, until topping is slightly browned, and pie filling is bubbling a little.  Let cool as long as you have patience for, then dig in!

2 comments:

  1. Katie,
    Your cupboard of home canned foods looks beautiful! Like jewels! And that squash dill relish sounds intriguing. I am over run with zucchini right now. After I make some bread and butter pickles, I'll give that a try with zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow your comment slipped past me, Lili! So sorry! Thank you. Home canned foods ARE little homemade jewels, aren't they? I look at home canned food with so much more appreciation now. Ooooh. I'll have to try bread and butter pickles next year!

      Delete